We just completed the run of HOODOO LOVE on July 1, 2012, ran the reports, and it was a very successful production!
Here are some of the project outcomes:
• 1,837 audiences served, 90% audience capacity (80% is considered “good” in our industry)
• Eleven seasonal professional arts jobs created
• Coverage in 11 print articles or radio interviews
• Successful partnerships with NAACP San Diego, The Chocolate Voice, Central San Diego Black Chamber of Commerce, Black Social Workers, Jacobs Center
• 29.1% of our audiences self-identified as African American, Black, African, Black American, or Afro-American (The African American population in San Diego County is 5.1%)
*72.6% of African American/Black/Black American/Afro American, etc. said they would return.
83.2% of Ethnic Minorities that filled out the survey said they would return for another Mo`olelo Production (The other 16.8% did not answer the question)
*Almost half (44%) of the first time attendees came as a result of a friend or family member telling them about the show. Reviews of the show (7.1%) along with organized groups (12.5%) and schools (8.1%) were among the most effective ways of bringing people to the theater.
• 34.7% of our audiences who completed the survey were under the age of 45
• 49.9% of the audiences who completed the survey self-identified as non-Caucasian or non-white, listing a total of 25 different ethnicity or ethnic groups.
• For 53% of those who completed the survey, it was their first time at Mo`olelo.
The production exceeded its financial goal!
MAHALO Everyone for making this such a successful show!